Members of the American Society of Biomechanics are invited to participate in the election process by voting in the Board elections. The Board consists of 14 seats. For a listing of the current board, please see the leadership page.
ASB Board Elections: Call for potential candidates
The American Society of Biomechanics is looking for outstanding individuals to fill the following important positions:
- President-Elect: 1-year term, rolling into the President role in August 2024 and to Past-President in August 2025 (each is a 1-year term)
- Program Chair-Elect: 1-year term, rolling into the Program Chair (also a 1-year term)
- Treasurer-Elect–TO CONFIRM
- Secretary: 3-year term
- Student Representative: 2-year term
- Nominating Committee (2 positions): 1-year term
We need your help to find the best candidates for these roles. Do you know someone who is passionate about biomechanics, has leadership skills, and is committed to advancing the field? Or maybe you fit the bill yourself!
We would love to hear your suggestions for potential candidates. Please submit their names and a brief explanation of why you think they would be a great fit for the role. Your contribution can help shape the future of the society and the field of biomechanics.
All terms start in August 2024.
The selection of the slate will be made by the Nominating Committee consisting of the Past-President, Rakié Cham and two elected members, Erica Bell and Wendi Weimar. The procedure is laid down in the Bylaws which can be found here.
Nominations open: March 4
Nominations close: April 1
Elections open: May 13
Elections close: June 13