Pre-congress Workshops and Tutorials are different from symposia and oral scientific presentations, in that they provide a teaching opportunity, allowing participants to acquire or extend their skills, learn about new techniques or technologies, or gain in-depth knowledge in a particular topic related to theoretical, methodological, and applied topics in biomechanics.
November 1, 2023 – Call for Submissions
December 20, 2023 – Deadline for Submissions
December 21, 2023 – Review Process Begins
End of January, 2024 – Notification of Acceptances
Workshops and tutorials must be either 2 hours or 4 hours in length and will be scheduled either in the morning or afternoon of August 5, 2023.
Pre-meeting workshop/tutorial organizers must be registered for ASB2024. Companies that wish to organize a pre-meeting workshop must be an official sponsor or exhibitor at the meeting.
Proposals will be reviewed and selected by members of the Program Committee based on:
- Relevance to the field of biomechanics
- Potential learning experience, and
- Likelihood to appeal to a wide audience of ASB members.
Workshop/Tutorial proposals must contain the following information using the online submission form:
- Workshop/Tutorial title
- Names of all speakers in the order they should appear in the program, including their affiliations
- Workshop/Tutorial summary that includes takeaway skill, knowledge, or material that participant will acquire (1800 characters maximum, including spaces). Please note, the summary will be used in the program description.
- 100 word presentation description from each presenter (maximum 5000 characters total, including spaces) entered as the abstract.
Any Conflicts of Interest must be declared during the submission process.